27.5.11

Kamchatka - S/T (2005)


KAMCHATKA – “Kamchatka” CD ’05 (Grooveyard, Swe) – One thing about the Grooveyard label: everything that comes out on it’s imprint features as much top-notch, brain-frying lead guitar as you could possibly handle and this eponymous effort by KAMCHATKA is no exception. A power trio in the best old-school sense, these Swedes are led by the soul-searing guitar work of one Thomas Junear Andersson, who also shares vocal duties with bassist Roger Ojersson. (Tobias Strandvik rounds things out on drums). And, let me tell you something about this Andersson cat…he’s not shy about his 6-string ability. Hell, wrap your ears around opener “Out Of My Way,” “Incognito” or the nicely-chosen Johnny Winter cover, “I Love Everybody.” In this case, it could just as well be called “I Love Tons Of Nasty Lead Guitar!” Here’s a player that takes the bluesy hard rock of the ‘70’s & makes it his own, fresh & exciting. Still, my faves are the crushers, “Mnemostyne Waltz” & “Mixed Emotions.” Lovers of stuff like “Bridge Of Sighs,” Poobah & Leslie West will find a new hero burned in electric soul all over these. Another maximum winner from the Grooveyard.
RAY DORSEY - CHAOS REALM - (2006) (Grooveyard.com)


1. Out My Way
2. Seed
3. No
4. Mnemosyne Waltz
5. Mixed Emotions
6. Wrong End
7. Eggshell
8. I Love Everybody
9. Auto Mowdown
10. Spacegirl Blues
11. Sing Along Song
12. Incognito
13. Daddy Says
14. Squirm

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When unpacking the rar-file the files in the folder belong to the second Kamchatka album entitled "Volume II" (released in 2007). Just thought I'd let you know. Would be nice to get the first album posted correctly though since it is a really great one. Anyway, the cat's out of the bag. Greetings from MrWalker, Sweden

puck said...

Well I'll be dipped in shit and rolled on the floor! I can't imagine how I did that....Anyway, it's now fixed! Thanks MrWalker.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VTDU3LE6

Anonymous said...

You're welcome Puck. All is well that ends well. Greetings from Sweden, MrWalker

Anonymous said...

Don't know if you are even still blogging this site, but if you are, GREAT SITE, not the normal run-of-the-mill stuff. But as you know, all Megaupload stuff gone. Do you have any plans of re-upping? I hope you do and I will be checking back later to see. Again, I know it's a lot of work to do these music blogs, and I certainly appreciate it!!!

puck said...

Thanks for the comment....got some things that have my attention for the time being...I'll be returning as time allows.
puck