27.5.11

Dr. Fong - Cataclizm On 8th Avenue (2007) (repost)


If you like Beck, Clapton and Billy Gibbons you'll love Dr. Fong's CataClizm on 8th Avenue!

Long ago and far away, way out in the boonies of rural Hoosierland a young boy picked up his ax and started hammering out riffs. From tiny garage bands to legendary rockers Primevil of 700 West fame and eventually performing with some of the best musicians on the planet, Dr. Fong is no doubt one of rock's best kept secrets!

Cataclizm is a bold move into a totally real, unrehearsed, unedited long jam.... Cataclizm was not rehearsed and was done in one take without any overdubs of any kind. Cataclizm is 45 minutes of lettin' a Strat rip, rock, cry and weep in every way imaginable! Check out the good Doc's super guitar licks and the amazing bass work of Gary "Brotherman" Branchaud, Nashville "Alister"!

Crank it way up and hit play! Have a taste of CataClizm on 8th Avenue!(CDbaby)


1. Cataclizm On 8th Avenue   (44:53)

238 VBR

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Puck
Thanks for the Dr Fong,well cool.
I do like Jeff Beck,Billy Gibbons,
Stevie ray Vaughan,Rory Gallagher,
Frank Marino,Robin Trower
I would say this is a fine addition to the above plank spankers.
Regards

mr. ed

puck said...

Thank you good sir for commenting, I appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Puck
Great piece of music,fellt a little bit like in the 70s,when songs were
longer than 20 minutes (and some never ending guitar soli became a little boaring).Not with this,great stuff
Regards
Gobi

Anonymous said...

Wowowow!!!
I didn't know that band before and, men, how goooood this is!
Really Puck, thanks a bunch for this one, I love this!

puck said...

New link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nn2qxmh5xjy

The Dr. Fong said...

Hey Puck.... Thank You for the recognition on your site! I just happened to bump into it and am glad you enjoyed Cataclizm. We actually recorded it in one take and as always had a blast doing it. Please check out my other items on CDBaby and myspace.
Keep on rockin'!
Jay Wilfong aka Dr. Fong
Nashville, TN.

puck said...

Very cool, Thanks for stopping by Jay. I really dig your shit