Recently I've been into the band Alabama 3 (known as A3 in the US). I first heard this British band with the song "Woke Up This Morning" as "The Sopranos" opening credits. Their style is descibed as acid-house country blues. Give a listen to "Hello...Im Johnny Cash" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3d9-sXrx3o
Sounds cool Reg. Love that jacket on Rick, Can't think of who Brandi reminds me of @ the moment. Ever hear Toni Price?...check her out, I think you'll like her
Thanks puck, I will. I like your blog and check it daily, although I don't download very often. I like finding out about different artists and reading the info in the reviews.
@anonymous, just checked out Bend Sinister (gotta tell ya, the name put me off...not a big metal head and the name suggested that to me)...Not bad I would like a few more hooks for the power pop thing. Check out the Redwalls!!
@ Kilgore Trout (there's a men's clothing store near me with the same name) I have Situation.... by them. Have you ever heard Honey Tongued Devils? or Dirty Sweet? Not a female singer, but similar styles IMO Cheers
11 comments:
Recently I've been into the band Alabama 3 (known as A3 in the US). I first heard this British band with the song "Woke Up This Morning" as "The Sopranos" opening credits. Their style is descibed as acid-house country blues. Give a listen to "Hello...Im Johnny Cash" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3d9-sXrx3o
So nobody other than Bradlee is listening to ANYTHING new or different?
C'mon folks...share it!
I'm enjoying:
the Diablo String Orchestra's new disc, Pandora's Pinata.
The Smithereens Greatest Hits Revisited.
Pat Donohue's Nobody's Fault.
Rick Vito's Lucky Devils.
Brandi Shearer's Rendezous At The Nightery.
B.B. King's Let The Good Times Roll.
To Name a few. I've eclectic tastes and am a musician myself.
Sounds cool Reg. Love that jacket on Rick, Can't think of who Brandi reminds me of @ the moment. Ever hear Toni Price?...check her out, I think you'll like her
Thanks puck, I will. I like your blog and check it daily, although I don't download very often. I like finding out about different artists and reading the info in the reviews.
Reg, if you're one of my followers, check Google reader in your dashboard of Blogger acct for a nice surprise.
for something new and different check out Bend Sinister
If you want different then check out "She Keeps Bees" album Nests.
Heres a sample http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2hkys_dOCI
anything by the Stone Coyotes...
@anonymous, just checked out Bend Sinister (gotta tell ya, the name put me off...not a big metal head and the name suggested that to me)...Not bad I would like a few more hooks for the power pop thing.
Check out the Redwalls!!
@ Kilgore Trout (there's a men's clothing store near me with the same name) I have Situation.... by them. Have you ever heard Honey Tongued Devils? or Dirty Sweet?
Not a female singer, but similar styles IMO
Cheers
Post a Comment